Saturday, April 3, 2010

did you know...

pay attention, i'm going to quiz you on this later.

1. i love Jesus.

2. i'm a proud member of the 4 pack. the other members are joy beth smith, hillary winter and tori winter. we're gonna be famous one day, be on the lookout.

3. cooking is my favorite hobby and i often pretend i have my own cooking show when i'm in the kitchen. i explain what i'm doing, give tips and suggest substitutions in case you don't like something i'm cooking with.

4. the first cd i ever owned was the grease soundtrack.

5. i love being around babies and kids all the time. they are by far my favorite kind of people.

6. my favorite color changes every now and then. right now it's either green or yellow, i'm not really sure.

7. i've never been in a serious car wreck and the thought of one terrifies me. i'm also a little bit scared of the dark.

8. i'm incredibly indecisive. for example, i hate my hair at least 75% of the time. when it's long i want it short, but when it's chopped off i immediately set a goal of growing it out.

9. i love it when people tell me i look like my mom, which is often. hopefully the older i get the more i'll look like her.

10. my nephews are absolutely precious!!!!

11. i collected dolls when i was little, but now i collect records. if you have an old stash of vinyl boxed up in your garage you want to get rid of, i'll take it!!

12. my dad's name is joe bill and it fits him very well. everybody that has met him loves him and everybody that hasn't met him loves to hear stories about him.

13. i can't swim underwater without holding my nose. i know that's ridiculous, but i don't care. if ever i'm on a boat i make sure there's a life jacket near by, if not on my body.

14. the disney cartoon version of alice in wonderland is one of my favorite movies. dumb and dumber and steel magnolia's are also at the top.

15. i have two big brothers and one sister in law and they are all infinitely cooler than me.

16. i met my best friend when i was 6 or 7 years old. i always wanted to be a big sister and lucky for me she lived right down the street and had two little sisters and later had a little brother.

17. my organizational skills are almost nonexistent. it doesn't bother me at all to just cram stuff into a drawer and i'd rather throw something away then find somewhere to put it.

18. i love flowers, all kinds and all colors. i try to pick a favorite, but i like them all so much that i can't!

19. i'm from texas and no matter where i live i'll always claim it as home and tell everybody why it's better than anywhere else.

20. i have a cousin named lindsey that i absolutely adore.

21. one of my favorite meals is easy mac with cut up hot dogs in it, pop rocks and nerds ropes are my favorite candy, and i can't stand olives (green or black) or grape juice (white or purple).

22. i'm not a very competitive person and when playing a timed game such as scattegories i often get bored of making my list. if the tv is on or if there's a magazine by me i'll just put my paper down until the time is up. however i LOVE to play quelf.

23. one of my most treasured possessions is an old bible of my grandmother's that is practically falling apart and full of her handwriting. i love having things that belonged to her - i have her brooch on my coat and my jewelry is on a tray that she painted.

24. this is my second attempt at a blog.

25. as much as i love movies and reading, i really love music and would choose to go to a concert over anything else. there are several songs that i can remember where i was, who i was with, what i was wearing and how i felt the first time i heard it. wonderwall by oasis is one of those songs. i loved the song when it came out, but it was actually a cover that forever sealed it as a favorite. the first time i heard ryan adams sing wonderwall i was in the parking lot of a tcby in longview, texas with ryan, who will always be my best friend no matter how far apart we live from each other.

this is a video of ryan adams singing wonderwall. i know the sound isn't of the best quality, but i chose a video of this specific concert because i just so happened to be in the audience.


cd version of wonderwall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzZhtrsbJzs
original version by oasis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzrDeceEKc


thanks for reading! i'm not sure what the purpose of this blog is or if anyone will even read it - hence the title "dear whoever" - but i'm sure i'll find something to say!
-meghan

p.s. 26. i don't like using capital letters.

5 comments:

  1. Oh precious Meghan, I plan on taking intensive mental notes on most of these things and then later covertly revealing all of the needed information (ie: pop rocks, nerd ropes, flowers, no games-- minus quelf--, becoming famous, and lots of babies) when the time seems right.

    You have a beautiful heart, my friend. And I love all these random facts! You are inspiring my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. I am glad you have a blog now. Especially since you are moving to Nashville.

    Too many comments, but most would be more funny in person, so I will reduce them to this.

    1. I think I am scared of bees for the same reason you are scared of wrecks. I have never been stung.
    2. I can't pick a favorite flower either and honestly I don't know how people do.
    3. Somehow I have missed this easy mac and hot dogs thing. I mean I see you eating easy mac all the time. Does it normally have hot dogs in it too? That is disgusting :)
    4. Maybe you should try out for Food Network Star. You would be that endearing contestant that has no formal training but cooks good food that real people could make. Those are always the ones that win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally hooked on reading blogs...so I will definitely be subscribing to yours! And I agree with Bethany - you would be awesome on Food Network Star! You definitely have a great personality for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulashayla on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the Grease soundtrack.
    Didn't you have a car that caught on fire? I think that could count as a serious wreck even though you were not there.
    Easy mac, hmmm. Kind of can't stand it since I fixed it for my son 365/24/7!
    -Bridget Jackson

    ReplyDelete