Sunday, May 9, 2010

mama didn't know what she was diggin herself into

happy mother's day!

bethany,
i can't tell you how much fun it is to get to see you be a mother. it's crazy! you are a wonderful mommy to sterling and hopefully one day i'll handle the transition to motherhood with half as much ease as you have. i'm sure i'll be that crazy new mom that freaks out about everything, and when i do remind me that you didn't stress over every little thing and sterling made it through his first year better than fine!! i love you so much and can't wait until sterling is older so i can tell him stories about how wonderful his mom is! truly, strength and dignity are your clothing.

vicki,
moving from texas was so hard for me and having an "alabama mom" made a huge difference. thanks for taking me in, and thank you for raising 3 wonderful girls that i've gotten to live with for the past few years, i don't know where i would be without them and without you.

lisa,
don't worry, i'm not gonna get all mushy on you. i just want to tell you that you seriously amaze me, legit. i don't understand how you do all that you do, every day and all day. i could never dream up a better sister in law if i tried, you are definitely one of those people that are irreplaceable. and i love you. you're tearing up aren't you??

mom,
i really, really love you, a lot. i don't tell you enough. and i miss you, always. the past couple of years i have caught myself doing more and more things that remind me of you. i probably complain or make a joke about it, but really i love being like you and looking like you. you are so beautiful and so sweet and i've never doubted your love a single day in my life. that is a luxury that every person in the world should have, knowing that their mother loves them, but they don't. i wonder how many days i wasted taking your unconditional love for granted? i'm so sorry for the way i used to be, so selfish and defiant. and thinking i knew better than you, what a joke! not to sound like an old person, but if i knew then what i know now i would not have been the same person i was when i was younger. i would have listened to every word you said, obeyed and done everything you asked me to. i can see how your patience and commitment to me then kept me out of getting myself into more trouble. only the grace of God would allow you to put up with me, and only He knows how you were able to! you have taught me a lot about the kind of mother i want to be and hopefully one day i'll learn even more from you while i'm raising children.
proverbs 31 asks "an excellent wife, who can find?" joe bill, that's who.

-meghan

4 comments:

  1. Okay Meghan, I am tearing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'm not gonna lie, I totally bawled my fool head off. And I have to take this time to say something I've been meaning to. I am of the opinion that you are quite the lil writer. I meant to send you a message telling you this after your "bug in the pants" post. It was wonderfully written. I don't know what your future plans are but just wanted to put out there that maybe you might think about them involving writing. And just for the record I think you're a pretty swell sister-in-law and aunt. Since this is me talking, I feel the need to point out that there is not a drop of sarcasm here, "legit".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan, Did you get the comment that I thought I posted last night? I don't see it here, so I still think I'm not doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan, I love you so much. I had to get the box of Kleenex before I was finished reading your message. You have been such a joy to me and I miss you so much, but knowing that you are happy is more important than having you close by. You will be such a wonderful mother one day.

    ReplyDelete