Friday, August 6, 2010

ah, life

i've had A LOT going on lately! i'll try and give a brief yet entertaining update on life in nashville.

a couple of days after my family left hillary and tori's fam came into town for jameson to compete in the national fbla competition. jameson winter and taylor malone are two of my favorite people, and i was so excited they got to come and see our apartment and sign our wall!

i saw inception twice, which led me to my new celebrity crush, joseph gordon-levitt. i wonder if the idea is my own or not, though.

the x games came and went too quickly. i took an interest in todd potter for the sole purpose of his last name and ended up voting for him for best whip. he won! shaun white competed and got second in skate vert and then dropped out of best trick. lame.

our next visitor was joy beth, which is always fun because you never know what you'll end up doing when jb is around! one of the first things we did was hang out at borders, where we found a ball on the floor and spent hours throwing it back and forth to each other. we also wore matching t-shirts to the movies to see eclipse and stayed when the movie was over because "sometimes i like to dance to the music during the credits." it didn't top joy beth's initial rolling around on the floor after the traveling pants 2, but it was definitely our best collaborative dance to date. after the movie we ended up having a marshmallow spitting contest in the parking lot. like i said, anything can happen when you're with j biz! :)

one of my favorite outings with jb was our dinner at loveless cafe. a shocking epiphany was had at the table that resulted in me throwing my hands out in the air and holding them there for several seconds. to sum it up, girls struggle with emotional lust just like guys struggle with physical lust. more to come on that later, it's a whole different post entirely.

the same day we took joy beth to the airport melinda came for a visit!! melinda was the very first friend i made in tuscaloosa that wasn't my roommate and she's always had a special place in my heart. she was here long enough to celebrate her birthday, and we celebrated by having sushi and vanilla bean ice cream with oreos in it. happy birthday mel!!

we checked out a new church, christ presbyterian. while walking to the main building (late, might i add) we saw an area outside set up from a wedding and it immediately got our attention. the style the service was done in is something i haven't really seen before. a couple of verses were preached and then we would sing. after that a couple of more verses, and then singing again. it would take some getting used to, and being on time would definitely be a plus. i can easily see myself not liking it, but i can also easily see myself liking it, if that makes sense at all.

i started work the day after melinda arrived and really loved getting to spend my days with kids again! eva and jackson (or, as i like to sometimes call them, big red and little red) are precious children and i had a wonderful week! here's a few cute quotes from big red:

"i think i love my brother"

"i think i like this song" she said this while i was playing "thy mercy my god" by sandra mccracken. i was also happy to see her dancing to explosions in the sky.

"i pray for mommy and daddy. and jackson too. and sometimes i pray for you too." this kind of made me tear up, and i smiled and told her that sometimes i pray for her too :)

i bought the new arcade fire album, the suburbs, and watched the live stream of their concert from madison square garden. this is also a whole different post entirely, so once again i'll sum it up. I. LOVE. THEM.

my work schedule has changed a little bit and is leaving my mondays and tuesdays open. i'm making a list of places to check out for a part time job. it's quite a random list, ranging from the dunkin donuts down the street to florists to see if they need a delivery person. how fun could it be to make people happy by delivering flowers to them?! we'll see what happens and i'll keep things updated on here. or at least, i'll intend to and maybe get around to it one day.

-meghan

2 comments:

  1. What sweet kids! She sounds a bit like a Chinese girl. Change the "I think" to "maybe" "Maybe I like my brother." :) Maybe I am just thinking that because Sterling is currently watching Ni Hao Kai-lan while sitting on the potty, so I'm just in the Chinese mode. However, Sterling loves it when they say xie xie.

    Anyway, "emotional lust" that is a great way to put it! I think you should write a book, that can be your part-time job. :) Hillary will of course want to co-author it, hence the part-time. It would top the best seller list in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and enjoyed your entire blog, but all I could think about was, We forgot to sign your wall!!!! Guess I'll have to do that next time. You remember we looked at it and talked about it, but never did it. Oh well, just to many other wonderful things to do and see and not near enough time to do them all. I agree with Bethany, just the things you have blogged about already are quite interesting and would be good beginnings for a book. You know that I would definitely buy one, and Carol would, Becky, Papa, Frances. No telling how many you could sell!!!!!! Anyway, loved reading and look forward to the next one. Love you lots, Mommy

    ReplyDelete