Wednesday, June 30, 2010

twilight and new moon can't fight with eclipse

hillary, tori and i just got home from the midnight eclipse premiere! i didn't watch any trailers for the movie, so i was glad tonight FINALLY arrived!!

we went to the theater pretty early and were happy to be first in line for our theater. while we were waiting there was a sneak peek showing of the last airbender and one of the managers let us go in for a couple of minutes and watch "as long as you just kinda stand on the side and don't sit down." it looked really awesome! we are going to the midnight premiere of it tomorrow night and we're really excited about it. (if you're confused as to why we took an interest in this movie, jackson rathbone is in it. and we're going to the premiere because it's my birthday week!)

a new harry potter trailer came out yesterday, but i didn't watch it because i just knew they would show it before eclipse. getting to watch it on the big screen was AH-MAZING!!!!!!!!!!! i was leaning on the edge of my seat and had goosebumps the entire time.

was anybody else kinda confused as to whether the movie had started or it was another preview? for a split second i wondered but then recognized riley and after a couple of seconds understood what was going on. just wondering.

on to the good stuff!!
LIKES
1. either i'm used to watching kristen stewart play bella, or she learned how to act.
2. the hair and make-up looked much better! except esme's hair was a bit dark.
3. the cullens were so present and active throughout the entire movie, which was wonderful after they were absent for most of new moon.
4. i loved all of the music throughout the entire movie, which for me was a first out of the 3 twilight films. (the song at the end of twilight doesn't fit to me and in new moon the music that plays after bella gets her paper cut and jasper freaks out is horrid)
5. we got to see jasper in his element!!! a texan accent, longer hair, a soldier's uniform and newborns to kill did him good.
6. there were a lot of lines straight from the book, which i'm always a fan of.
7. the short second life of bree tanner added a lot to the parts of the movie that showed riley and the newborns.
8. the battle scene was FREEKIN AWESOME!! better than i expected, and i was expecting it to be really cool. emmett headbutted somebody!
9. bella and edward are getting married! congratulashayla you guys!
10. rosalie told bella why she hates her - turns out it's just envy.
11. once again, anna kendrick did a great job! she really makes you want more jessica, which i think would be unheard of had anybody else played her.
12. the movie started and ended with edward and bella in the meadow. my favorite quote from the new moon premiere night was dabney saying "are they gonna lay in the grass and look at each other again?"
13. the guy sitting next to the girl that was beside me really cracked me up. he had a great laugh, which was often set off by the junior high girls, but he also laughed at jacob being such a bonehead and edward being so dramatic. when bella told edward "yes" in his bedroom all the girls went "AWWWW!!!!" and he kind of held back a giggle and then busted out laughing. this got me going so hard i was leaning over and had tears in my eyes. (all of the laughter i speak of was done quietly)

DISLIKES
1. i did not care for the junior high girls that screamed and went crazy every time taylor was on the screen.
2. i did not care for the parts with jacob, but they were unavoidable.
3. i don't really like it when they take a line straight from the book but have a different character deliver it in the movie. i think it's a pointless change.
4. i would have loved to see the part where bella decides to elope with edward and alice lays a guilt trip on her about planning the wedding.
5. my bitterness toward summit for firing rachelle was renewed. bryce did ok, but she's not nearly bad a enough to be vicoria. she could have easily played esme and would've looked much more the part. (not that i want her to)
6. when bella and jacob said goodbye and she said "until my heart stops beating" and he said "maybe after that." NO.
7. the werewolves and vampires uniting to fight at the graduation party could've been a bit more true to the book.

definitely my favorite so far! if only we could skip the next few months of waiting for it to come out on dvd!

-meghan

2 comments:

  1. I would post something about Eclipse, but you and Hill pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    I TOTALLY agree with your #4 on your dislikes. I was so looking forward to Alice guilt tripping Bella. But I really did enjoy this movie. Kinda got bored in some of the parts with Jacob, but I guess that happens.
    AND JASPER GOT AMAZING AIR-TIME. So amazingly happy with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree also ~ y'all did a great job!! Best "Twilight" movie so far!!! I missed seeing it with y'all but Halie was so sweet to include me in their group and we had a great time!!! I'm just saying I love sitting by her!!! She doesn't care when I talk, and let's be honest, she talks with me!!!! Lauren on the other side didn't seem to mind either ~ thanks to you both ~ it was so much fun!!!! And Meghan, I was totally confused when the movie started! But Halie said Riley, of course for a minute I couldn't remember who Riley was ~ I forgot to reread the book ~ not a mistake I will make again!!! And also renewed my desire to reread all the Harry Potter books before the movie!!! I wish I could comment after each of yours and Hillary's points but I'll just say overall I agree!!! Missed you 3 ~ y'all so would have loved our Nazi lady that worked at the theater ~ she was there for the last one as well, just MUCH worse this time!!!!

    ReplyDelete