Saturday, July 24, 2010

i'm the next vg

after moving to alabama i realized how much i tried to be just like my friends all throughout high school, and it was very evident in my clothing choices. now, i'm not saying my friends couldn't dress, they could and they always looked good!! but i realized my style wasn't my own. after about a year in alabama i went through my clothes and realized i didn't really like any of them. i promptly chopped my hair off, pierced my nose (sorry mom, it was only for a few months!) and wore things that i hadn't before. if you had the (dis)pleasure of being my roommate at the time, you knew better than to ask for my advice when getting dressed. i can't count how many times hillary asked my opinion on something she was wearing and my response was "do you like it? that's all that matters. if you like it, wear it, who cares if nobody else likes it?" her response was "me, i care if i look okay or not. the answer i want is yes it looks good or no it doesn't."

i've since quit wearing just whatever because it's different and though sometimes i do refer back to "if i like it i'm going to wear it and i don't care what other people think," i also ask for advice. in our apartment we usually leave the words of fashion wisdom to tori, but i had a few today while we were helping hillary pick out some clothes for tonight :)

"you can wear your shirt as a skirt, your skirt as a shirt and you're set!"

-hill "he'll be wearing a t-shirt."
-me "a halter top is like a t-shirt for a girl. what? it is. so are tank tops."

i feel certain those quotes probably aren't as funny as we thought they were, but oh well, hope you enjoyed it anyway!!

-meghan

1 comment:

  1. You know it takes a few birthdays to realize that it doesn't matter what everybody else is wearing, wear what YOU want to wear that is also comfortable and appropriate for the occasion. I've learned that supposedly flip flops are okay for the beach or church. That alone should tell you that anything goes, so, do and wear whatever makes you happy!!!

    ReplyDelete